2001 RadioShack Corporation.
All Rights Reserved.
RadioShack and RadioShack.com are trademarks used by RadioShack Corporation.
23-436 OWNER’S MANUAL — Please read before using this equipment.
Ni-Cd/Ni-MH Fast Charger
Thank you for purchasing the RadioShack Ni-Cd/Ni-MH Fast
Charger. It charges two or four AA or AAA Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries
in just two hours.
Safety Timer Shut-Off
– turns off the charger to prevent over-
charging the batteries.
Alkaline Battery Protection and Bad Battery Detection
prevents the unit from charging unnecessarily.
Automatic Charging Current Selection
– chooses the best
charging current according to battery size.
2/4 Batteries Selection Switch
– lets you choose to charge two or
four batteries at a time.
– keeps the current constant.
Reverse Polarity Protection
– protects the charger and batteries if
the batteries are incorrectly installed.
Short Circuit Protection
– protects the charger from damage.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
This manual contains important safety and operation instructions for
your battery charger. Before using your charger, read all instructions
and cautionary markings on the charger, the batteries to be charged,
and the product that uses the batteries.
• Charge only Ni-Cd or Ni-MH batteries with this charger. Other
types of batteries might burst, causing personal injury.
• Do not try to charge batteries other than those listed in this
manual, or use procedures other than those described in this
• Unplug the AC/DC adapter from AC outlet before attempting
any maintenance or cleaning.
• Do not disassemble the charger; take it to a qualified service
technician when service or repair is required. Improper
reassembly may result in a risk of electric shock or fire.
• Do not use an attachment not recommended or sold by
RadioShack as this could result in a risk of fire, electric shock,
• Do not expose the charger to rain or excessive moisture.
• Do not operate the charger if it has been dropped or damaged.
Take it to a qualified service technician for repair.
• Do not use an extension cord. Its use could result in fire or
• Never use the charger and the AC/DC adapter as a DC power
source for any electrical equipment.
THE FCC WANTS YOU TO KNOW
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits
for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the
These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against
harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment
generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not
installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause
harmful interference to radio communications.
However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a
particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful
interference to radio or television reception, which can be
determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is
encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from
that to which the receiver is connected.
• Consult your local RadioShack store or an experienced radio/
TV technician for help.
• If you cannot eliminate the interference, the FCC requires that
you stop using your charger.
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by RadioShack
may cause interference and void the user’s authority to operate the
This device complies with Part 15 of the
. Operation is
subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause
harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interfer-
ence received, including interference that may cause undesired op-
Your charger is ETL listed to UL standards and meets all applicable
Power the charger using the supplied 12V, 700mA AC adapter.
You must use a Class 2 power source that supplies
12V DC and delivers at least 700 mA. Its center tip
must be set to positive and its plug must fit the
DC 12V 700MA
jack. The supplied adapter meets these
specifications. Using an adapter that does not meet these spec-
ifications could damage the charger or the adapter.